This year I am trialling a new scheme to help make The Big Bi Fun Day more accessible. As the event itself can be attended for free, I am setting up a Travel Fund for people who want to come but can’t because the transport costs are too high.
Meeting other bi people and being in a bi safe space has huge benefits for our well-being. The opportunity to come should be open to everyone.
The fund could cover a bus/taxi from somewhere in Leicester. Or a coach or train from places such as Loughborough, Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham, Peterborough, London, etc.
There are 3 options available:
- Individual Fund
- Individual Fund for BAME/people of colour
- Family Fund for a parent/guardian and child/teen to attend together
To apply please email email@example.com
In your email, please answer the following 6 questions:
- Would you like to apply for Option 1, 2, or 3?
- Where you are traveling from?
- What form of transport would you need to take?
- How much do you think it will cost?
- Would you need full costs covered, or will partial funding be enough?
- Whether you have any mobility issues that need to be taken into account
(e.g. you can’t walk far, so would need a taxi from train station to venue as well)
Here’s how (I hope!) it will work
- you email me your answers to the questions above
- I email you to offer full/partial funding depending on cost and distance
- we have a discussion and agree a feasible transport plan together (nothing intrusive, just to check it will work for you, and that you won’t buy a plane ticket from Australia then demand the money!)
- you buy the tickets and email me the receipt
- I reimburse you within 24 hours
- All details will be kept confidential between you and me
- I welcome you to BBFD on 12th May with open arms
- if you can’t come to BBFD because of ill health/unavoidable situation – I won’t ask you to pay me back
Where is the money coming from?
A kind donation was made to The Big Bi Fun Day to sponsor the costs of the travel fund.